Sunday, April 4, 2010

inspiring women in film, television, literature and real life

1. Penny Lane from Almost Famous

"I always tell the girls, never take it seriously, if you never take it seriously, you never get hurt, you never get hurt, you always have fun, and if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends. " -Penny Lane



Julie Taymor

"It's people who are repressed and cannot express their fears that are dangerous."
-Julie Taymor



Mulan from Mulan

"Uhh... I mean, uh, sorry you had to see that, but you know how it is when you get those, uh, manly urges, and you just gotta kill somethin'... fix things, uh, cook outdoors... " -Mulan




Meryl Streep

"I'm curious about other people. That's the essence of my acting. I'm interested in what it would be like to be you. " -Meryl Streep



Linda Eastman

“I've always hated religion. It's the most guilt-ridden, horrible thing. 'My God is better than yours, and I'm going to fight you and kill you because of your religion.' I think it's just a sick idea. You know how people are color-blind when it comes to other people - I mean, hopefully they are. Well, I'm religious-blind.” -Linda Eastman



Buffy Summers from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"You know me, not much with the damseling.



Nicole Kidman

"
I never read reviews at all. I'm proud of the work I did." -Nicole Kidman



Eowyn of Rohan from The Lord Of the Rings

"He has just as much reason to go to war as you do. Why can he not fight for those he loves?" -Eowyn

No comments:

Post a Comment